EXPORT CONTROL GUIDELINES
July 10, 2015 update
- Rutgers Export Control Policies and Procedures
- Rutgers Export Compliance Policy Statement
- Introduction to Export Control Regulations
- Definition of an "Export"
- University Exemptions to the EAR and ITAR Regulations
- Indications of Possible Export Impact
- Export Control Penalties
- Export Control Guide
- FBI White Paper: Higher Education and National Security
- To Be Announced
Past Training Dates
- New Brunswick RAIN/Export Control in a University Setting - Friday, April 19th, 2013 from 1:30 - 3:30 in the Fiber Optics Auditorium on the Busch Campus.
- Newark RAIN/ Export Control in a University Setting - Wed, April 24, 2013 at 10:00-Noon in Robeson Ctr - Monmouth Rm 237.
- Export Controls Workshop Date: Monday, June 17 2013 (Time: 10:00 to 1pm Location: 65 Bergen Street RM 1142). Rutgers Newark Campus
- Mid-Atlantic Biological Safety Association's 26th Annual Biological Safety Symposium/Implementation of a Deemed Export Program - Thursday, June 20, 2013 from 2:45 - 3:30 p.m. in the Life Sciences Building Seminar Room on the Busch Campus.
- Export Controls Workshop Date: March 26 2014 meeting (2:00 p.m., Room 411 College Avenue Student Center). Graduate Program Directors Rutgers New Brunswick Campus
- Export Controls Workshop Date: May 13 2014 meeting (10:00 ASB III 3rd flr internal Audit). Internal Audit- Rutgers New Brunswick Campus
- Export Controls Workshop Date: Wednesday June 04 2014 (Time: 10:00 to 1pm Location: Armitage Hall, Faculty Lounge, 3rd Floor). Rutgers Camden Campus
- Compliance Workshop on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Fiber Optics Auditorium on the Busch Campus.
- Export Controls at Academic Medical Centers - Friday, March 27, 2015
- RAIN/Export Control in a University Setting
- Fundamental Research
- Visitor Decision Tree Presentation
- RU Export Controls 101 - Presentation
- RU Export Compliance -Presentation
- RU International Travel -Presentation
- Cloud Computing and Export Control-Presentation
- Biological Materials that REQUIRE an Export License
- NASA funding restrictions with China
- Rutgers Energy Institute (REI) Presentation 11/19/12 -
- Rutgers SEBS Presentation 3/19/13
- Graduate Program Directors Meeting Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- Visitor Agreements
- In The News
- Don't let this happen to you!
- Helpful websites
- Rutgers Export Control Newsletter
Rutgers University is committed to maintaining an open teaching and research environment for the free exchange of information within the University among its faculty and students; externally at seminars and meetings; and through the publishing of scientific papers. Academic freedom contributes to the progress of research. Rutgers' policy prohibits any limitation on the freedom to publish as a result of accepting any externally funded/non-funded research support from its various sponsors (government, non-profit and for-profit).
However, Rutgers also recognizes that certain situations may arise where Rutgers' research may involve the dissemination of certain technology, information, materials or equipment that are subject to export control regulations. In those situations, of course Rutgers must fully comply with any applicable regulations and laws.
These Guidelines are intended to introduce export control to researchers, staff and administrators and to assist in determining when they should contact the appropriate Rutgers representatives or review the actual regulations.
Rutgers Export Compliance Officer (RECO), Robert Phillips, is available to meet with individuals or groups to provide assistance, training or explain the regulations as they may be applicable to the work being done.
He can be reached at 848-932-4522, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional questions or concerns, please contact Karen Gilbert as 848-932-4528 or email@example.com.